Discuss Strange negative voltage on neutral. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

O

Old Jag Lover

This has got me stumped,continuos corrosion on a water pipe,plumber claims hes getting zapped,well we checked the supply right back to the transformer,everything ok,with neutral disconnected from earth -15 vdc appears enough to light 400 watts worth of 12 volt lamps,PEX installed from street to water meter just below electric box everything ok now I suspect a railway line at the back of the house has broken traction bonds on their 1500vdc system,what do you guys think.Circus Rail,sorry City Rail says not me,but the problem only started after 2 extra tracks for freight trains were added.The woman is going mad listening to autocouplers bang and crash and wheels squealing all the time.

What bonding is there? What's the earthing arrangement of the property and what's the earth impedance Ze test results?

Just for future reference it's considered poor form in many countries to use fault currents for supplying lighting circuits ;)

Being southern hemisphere, you've probably got more chance of understanding them than us frozen northerners!

I too,am a fan. Do you lot not realise 400 years ago,his shuffled bits of coloured bone in a dish,would forecast our future...

Actually it was a positive voltage my old fluke meter gets confused now,train drivers on 8 car sets were complaining of low power yes that's right the traction bonds to the rails were never connected back up,leaving adjacent substations to carry the load.

Old Jag

Why don't you give us a sketch or something to allow us to have a better picture of what your getting across to us , sure then we would stand a better chance of what it is your saying ,,,,,,

If he is right in the head then i don't wanna be :stuart:

OLD JAG LOVER .

I'm buying a ticket to australia to come and work for you .

absolute fruit cake !

I thinking he's American.... reading through his spiel he gives many ref' USA based systems and his tag criminal dumping ground may mean something different to him - he probably is unaware of our past Aussie links hence we all assume hes humping kangaroo's named Sheila.

Circus Rail,sorry City Rail says not me,but the problem only started after 2 extra tracks for freight trains were added.

CityRail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The location stated is correct by ipaddy.

I still want to know what tests were done at the premises, what the results were and what the earthing arrangement is. It's obviously a special fault localizing technique that involves taking a stroll down the nearest railway line to find an earth fault before investigating the actual premises.

Reply to Strange negative voltage on neutral. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock