Discuss Strange RCD Fault in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Anyway off to bed , will report back with findings then Im no posting here again ! The drivel and digs far outweigh the good stuff.

Don't take it to heart JRC.
No offence mean't by anyone I'm sure.

Im not taking it to heart but its potentially damaging for my company. We are relatively successful so far and have an excellent reputation. Every post I make is met with doubt and questions our competence ( pretty common around here ) so to me its not good for business...Have requested mods remove account.

Back to the OP, I'm VERY confused. is the property empty? Is it lived in? Are there lots of things plugged in or not?

This thread is meandering around more than the average river!

I'm a Tweeeee blowing in the wind. Or is that pi##ing in the wind.
Hope you find it soon.
Just remember when you do, dont feed it after midnight, and never ever let it any where near water. lol.

A sense of humour helps see the day through, smile and dont despair.
The lads on here have a wealth of experience and knowledge, they will help you through these difficult moments, and you will gain experience from there wisdom.

Remember, none of us are to old to learn.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im not taking it to heart but its potentially damaging for my company. We are relatively successful so far and have an excellent reputation. Every post I make is met with doubt and questions our competence ( pretty common around here ) so to me its not good for business...Have requested mods remove account.
Well, I hope you find it anyway.

You've made the elementary mistake of having your forum account with your real identity!!!

Well I spent the hour checking all connections, martindaling all sockets, isolating suspect parts to leave over night.....so actually my hour was quite productive?

In case you don't know fault finding is about process of elimination...
and doing alternative things when limited is called initiative ...get some.

You are overlooking the fact that it isn't the lads here who have the problem .....

I'm a Tweeeee blowing in the wind. Or is that pi##ing in the wind.
Hope you find it soon.
Just remember when you do, dont feed it after midnight, and never ever let it any where near water. lol.

A sense of humour helps see the day through, smile and dont despair.
The lads on here have a wealth of experience and knowledge, they will help you through these difficult moments, and you will gain experience from there wisdom.

Remember, none of us are to old to learn.

Blowing in the wind - YouTube

Thanks, but what Im asking is, if this leave only blows every so often and touches the connection how can you possibly find that in one visit ? When you test everything is fine. Considering the house is massive and I reckon it would take half day just to check all cables.

My point is no one can say they would 100% find a fault first time...far to many crazy scenarios can happen.
Okay, I have tried to help, In fact both my posts were constructive, the first post was telling you your guys didn't test correctly, you confirmed this to me by saying they didn't test at 500 volts. The second reply was instructions on how to test to attempt to find the fault, I was not being silly or sarcastic in either. I can see your getting upset which is not what I want so I will bail out and be careful about posting in your threads in the future. Good luck with your business and I hope you get to the bottom of this problem.

Regards

IT'S FRIDAY, did you fix it? Or do the boys have to go round on Monday for one more call out because as you where just passing the job on why home you had test gear but had left rest of tools on the one day rewire your working on but have to go back tomorrow to finish and did not see point in putting them in van as you will need them at a later date

I think OP staying late with determination to find the fault, would give a credit for that. anyway happy to see he is still with us and hope will let us know what the problem was.

Reply to Strange RCD Fault in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net