Discuss Strangest thing you have found in a property? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

The lady said her ex was stocking up for armegeddon and the wild roving gangs inevitably found at such times. .
You laugh about these things but there is an active prepper scene in the west country, they get together and practice survival skills and have kits prepared in case the proverbial hits the fan to survive. One bloke was interviewed in the paper, he lived out near Glastonbury and was adament he could survive and protect his family.

once did some work in a flat for a pair of lesbian girls. in the bedroom were 4 vibrators and a stack of dead AA batteries thrown all over the floor.
The Lady who was our office manager was a looker, Pete any chance you could fit me a shower in my house , which I have just bought with my partner, sure no worries, gave her a price, she gave me the keys, anytime she said, so one morning roll up about 09:00 open the door tramp upstairs,open what I thought was the bathroom, oops, twas the bedroom, there was my office manager, in bed with her partner who was of the same orientation ie both Ladies, well I never did look at her in the same way ever again.

Working on a main street property, I remember being called upstairs and found a hole in the wall. Labourer was sinking socket box in the wall when it turned out to be single brick and went straight through to next door..........Barclays Bank.
The bank manager called us 'the hole in the wall gang'.

Working on a main street property, I remember being called upstairs and found a hole in the wall. Labourer was sinking socket box in the wall when it turned out to be single brick and went straight through to next door..........Barclays Bank.
They don't like it up em Mr Mainwaring

Imagine that happening today and they would panic... i would have quoted the money to strengthen the wall on the otherside to protect the bank. I worked on a refurb once where a closed bank was becoming a well known coffee chain shop. where the walls were thin and joining the book shop next door they had put metal plate on the walls and then rebar grid welded on. this was boarded over then plastered - we discoverd this when trying to chase the wall for new cables, the place was like a metal box. We had to put a new lot of plasterboard and timber up but with a 2 inch gap behind for cables and stuff. They also had rebar and metal in the ceiling and roof space. biggest downside was you couldn't get a phone signal inside unless right by the window!

I was working in audio on a Gibraltar marina in the 80’s and a guy spent a packet on a new sony hifi system and wanted the speakers fitted all round his huge yacht. Said I could not do it until the weekend, guy says fine, come round Saturday, having a bit of a party but you can crack on.

Turned up, unboxed and started laying the cables in this massive lounge below deck, just looked up through one of the portholes and was met by a triangle of minge, everyone on deck was starkers – I made a mess of that job….

I was working in audio on a Gibraltar marina in the 80’s and a guy spent a packet on a new sony hifi system and wanted the speakers fitted all round his huge yacht. Said I could not do it until the weekend, guy says fine, come round Saturday, having a bit of a party but you can crack on.

Turned up, unboxed and started laying the cables in this massive lounge below deck, just looked up through one of the portholes and was met by a triangle of minge, everyone on deck was starkers – I made a mess of that job….
Minge, what's Minge?:rolleyes:o_O:D

Found this innovative way of installing a ceiling rose. Don't know how they managed to screw the cover on but they did. On the ceiling, it looked normal until unscrewing, with difficulty....wondered where the cables where....dumbfounded.

latest photos 071.jpg

Found this innovative way of installing a ceiling rose. Don't know how they managed to screw the cover on but they did. On the ceiling, it looked normal until unscrewing, with difficulty....wondered where the cables where....dumbfounded.

View attachment 38825
The mind does indeed boggle

Went to a house where they were getting shocks off sink unit. Not using dno earth, 34 amps to earth. Complained he couldn't keep up with pre payment meter,
"Oh, and about my cold water"
"What about it"?
"It's hot"
Was using old cast iraon water pipe as earth electrode.

Other one was Chinese restaurant complained about flickering lights. Found cut-out fuse replaced with copper water pipe in the fuse holder, so hot couldn't touch it, and they had a fan on a chair blowing cold air on it to cool it down. They were really upset when I told them I was disconnecting supply until cut out could be changed!

Last month I was at a mm couples home, it was a large house, and I walked into a room and there was a mannequin with a wig and fur coat on.
Scared the poop clean out of me it did lol

I did a job on a camp site popular with divers.
Walked into the disable toilet and found a drysuit hanging from the attic hatch.... It looked like a body on a noose.

Reply to Strangest thing you have found in a property? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net