Discuss Strangest thing you've had to write on an EICR. in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

KEV 1 N

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Has anybody ever had to write anything weird or strange on an EICR?

My most memorable ones are...
*No access to bedroom due to large number of wasps inside.

*No access to external condenser unit cage due to large overgrown plants

*socket fitted upside down (don't know why, no logic to it, just a random socket on upside down!)

*socket fitted upside down (don't know why, no logic to it, just a random socket on upside down!)

australian electrician?

Unable to complete inspection due to police closing the premises!

Was at a pub about to start doing an inspection for the firm i used to work with when in the morning a few hours before it was due to open for the day the police turned up with a closure notice on the pub due to the amount of fighting and drugs being dealt there... I think they lost the licence permanently until new management came in...

I once wrote that isolators are not coat hangers, after searching Hi and Low for them only to find them under a row of hi vis jackets in an Engineering firm.
I wasn't very popular with the lads after the Boss made them find new homes for them.

I once wrote that isolators are not coat hangers, after searching Hi and Low for them only to find them under a row of hi vis jackets in an Engineering firm.
I wasn't very popular with the lads after the Boss made them find new homes for them.
shirley a set of coat hangers would be the answer?

Don't call me Shirley :confused:

Live or exposed cable. C1 Had to disconnect bare wires on bondage set up in "play room" due to risk of electric shock. Also extraneous metal parts exacerbating the situation. Tried it didn't like it. Needs isolating transformer.

australian electrician?

I have an upside down socket. Wall mounted computer monitor, cable to short to reach underneath. Decided to turn the socket round rather than rewire the monitor. Seemed easier and it's only me going near it.

I had an upside down socket in my living room, was done that way I presume because the previous owner changed the faceplates and the cables wouldn't reach the terminals on the new socket unless upside down!

just remembered a church eicr from years ago, right at the front where the chap with the white collar mills about there was a wall light that connected into a 5amp plug at lower level, the plug was in and switched on, no backplate on the plug though.

same job had insufficient earthing for mains water/gas, refused to go under the church floor to run those cables, labourer got that amazing job, them church lot are known for burying secrets below ground.

we also inspected the organ, after clambering all over it lol, probably put it out of tune, big 3 storey type of organ.

Reply to Strangest thing you've had to write on an EICR. in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net