Discuss Stroma Certification in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Evening guys!

Anybody a member of this ? Never really came across them before but have noticed a few local electricians are members, apart from it being fairly cheap , has anybody got any other pros and cons for them?

I have been mulling over Napit/NICEIC and came across this and wondered if it was worth considering

Thanks

Ben

I am an NIC/EIC approved contractor and i estimate that as a direct result of being with them i get approx £10,000 worth of work.Even though all the other schemes are just as good nobody ever asks if i'm Stoma,Napit etc registered.It's always NIC registered.So in the eyes of the general public the NIC is the only one worth being in.
I know they are the most expensive but my workload depends on being a member as i feel i wouldn't get as much work by being with one of the other schemes.

Agree with what you say bob, Niceic does seems the most recognised by the masses

I'd only agree with that if your business model relies on working with contractors that absolutely insist on NICEIC.

In my experience out of those who have asked me to be NICEIC, most have not known why they have asked me to be, or even known what the organisation is. Those that do know a bit more were not even aware of other government approved schemes existing.

The public at large have little or no knowledge of any of this. If your only need is to notify work, go with Stroma.

Agree with what you say bob, Niceic does seems the most recognised by the masses
Hi Bob, I was with Stroma for a couple of years, now Niceic approved contractor, Stroma were OK but sometimes a bit slow on admin problems, thorough inspections but Niceic definitely gets me more work, I think it's worth the extra membership cost.

With Stroma, no complaints and easy to use notifications system, I will be continuing my membership this year. Never had a customer ask who I was with or what the difference between NICEIC or any other scheme was.

I used to work for Nicy approved contractors which is fine if you do commercial and larger projects as many firms and councils insist on only using them however, now I'm solo doing mostly domestic and small commercial and with Stroma and have been for a couple of years with no real problems. The assessments have always been thorough, the office staff polite. I joined them as they are by far the cheapest and straight forward with none of the elitist nonsense. Whichever scam you're with we all have to meet the same criteria to become a member. Bizzarly, I've never been asked by anyone for a certificate/notification or if I'm a member of any scam provider! ( I always provide them though). Most homeowners really haven't a clue and not surprising really as the industry is so fragmented and confusing what with the competing scam providers, strange titles (registered competent person electrical), different qualifications, 5 week wonders, etc. Things seemed much simpler back in the day.

I have been mulling over whether to join one of these schemes or not.
I just put a folder together with my PL insurance details /certificates and right at the front my PVG certificate :mask:
most of the public don't know what the certificates stand for or mean but they know what pvg is and it seems to help me.
The council here has given me some work for fitting smoke /heat alarms and minor works for rental properties. Again they were happy with my documents, no need to be in any schemes. Mind you I only do small work and not looking for big contracts at the moment.

Reply to Stroma Certification in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock