Discuss Stroma - Where to write up the certificate? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all, i have joined the big S and i have just come to do my first notification on the installer portal website, but there doesn't seem to be a place to write up the certificate, what do you guys do? send them direct to customer after notifying?
I use Easycert so its not a problem, but i was under the impression that when you notify online, you also do the cert so everyone has a copy as it asks for client details to send the "Homeowner Certificate" to......

Wouldnt it be best to email them ie Stroma and ask them .. you are paying them after all.
When i did a notify one with NICEIC it asked me did i want to send to the Home Owner.
But i am with Stroma just a few days and not had time to look round to see what happens and what to do yet.

But i must send some flowers off to the girl whom was dealing with me, communication with a Dyslexic via Email got to be the hardest thing to do. I still got things to sort out with them so do need to keep her sweet.
I didnt get along with Napit whom guy came out to test me told me the wiring regs where wrong (i wish i recorded the chat with him) screamed at me a lot for asking questions.
NICEIC i complained to that they didnt put me on the competent persons list like they said they would do, not out problem we paid some one else to do it now give us £510 for next years Reg.
So i am on my last Rope with Stroma :(

Hi all, i have joined the big S and i have just come to do my first notification on the installer portal website, but there doesn't seem to be a place to write up the certificate, what do you guys do? send them direct to customer after notifying?
I use Easycert so its not a problem, but i was under the impression that when you notify online, you also do the cert so everyone has a copy as it asks for client details to send the "Homeowner Certificate" to......

Stroma doesn't need a copy of the Minor Works or EIC (except possibly as part of your annual assessment). Just send it direct to your customer, as you would for a non-notifiable job.

Stroma doesn't need a copy of the Minor Works or EIC (except possibly as part of your annual assessment). Just send it direct to your customer, as you would for a non-notifiable job.
What he said^
Very quick and easy, stroma also allow you to download the Ecert software if you are a member. It takes a a few goes to get your head round but it's free and does the job.

Don't wot Stroma do, but the Elecsa/Nic one, you do the cert first and then the 'notify' done at the end. As said ring em, your paying!

Went through this process last week!

Once a member of Stroma you need to apply for their E-Cert software through their website, they'll send you a copy of a user agreement that needs to be signed and returned to them (faxed, posted or photo image with your signature will do).

They will then send you an email with login details and a few links that will enable you to download the software.

Hi All, just did my first notification with Stroma tonight. Yippee ! The notification part is a simple pick list (add new cct etc). Select and click go, Stroma notify LBC and copy Customer. As The Guys say, actual certificate and schedules can be recorded on their E-cert software, printed and sent to Customer (by me). That's what I plan anyway. I guess I'll find out tomorrow if I've got it right. Cheers, D.

Reply to Stroma - Where to write up the certificate? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock