Stroma Certification Scheme stroma

Discuss stroma in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Robo

Iv just got my part P registration with Stroma. I have to do notifications online, Do i still need to fill out certificates and give to the customer or will stroma do this on my behalf?

I was going to get some kewtech certs if i was ment to be issuing the certs? How does this work

Im used to doing nic eic certs for my employed job and handing the certs to client and keeping the yellow copy??

Also has the EICR now replaced the periodic inspection? Im assuming this is still notifiable or is it only if you do some work

Thanks Robo

you still have to do a full cert.for the client and a copy for yourself.eicr has replaced pir, and inspections ( eicr) are not notifiable.

note. how did you get on with stroma? apparently they are half the cost of the other scams.

Well to start with they took a life time to get in contact with me and i constantly had to phone up. They sorted out the computer side of things and seem to have got more efficient. Had to wait 2 months for my site visit tho. After that things went pretty smoothly. Cost £245 plus vat som not bad. Its affordable for me who only does things for myself part time.

Thanks for other help

Tbh im unsure. Theres been no mention of this? I will find out.

Iv got a 3phase commercial job to look at, am i correct in thinking you dont need to be an approved contractor to issue a cert for this?

you don't need part p scheme membership for commercial/industrial work, only domestic.

Ok, thanks. Im going to get some kewtech books this weekend for certification they look quite good.

Trying to put a few notifications onto stroma now and I think theres a few teeth probs> grr

bear in mind that the kewtech books don't all have schedules of inspection & test included. might be better to get free version of castline formfill. you can fill them in on computer.

You can buy the NICEIC certificates in a green and white version from there on-line shop. Bye bye niceic hello stroma for half the price.

Stroma probably have their own pro-forma certificates, but you could use the IET certificates temporarily.
You can download the IET certificates, in PDF format, FREE from their site mate:
Forms for electrical contractors - IET Electrical

Last edited by a moderator:
I am waiting for an inspection date from stroma but they have been vague about how many jobs they want to see, what books i need, what jobs they need to see. they say they want a health and safety policy........any advice please?

You need PL insurance and reference books "appropriate" to your scheme.
calibrated test equipment.
Proof of qualifications.

As you say the information pack they refer you to does not exist. Try ringing and ask them to send the CPS information pack they state is available!

For other schemes you need BS1671, OSG, Guide to EAWR, Part P approved document, GS38.
Qualification certificates (normally just C&G 2382 17th Ed), PL certificates, health and safety policy, possibly waste policy.
Jobs sufficient to demonstrate your competence in testing and installation, preferably largish.
Knowledge of the building regulation requirements (Elecs guide to Building regs helps here).

Reply to stroma in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net