Discuss Stupid Question- Do i need to go back for rcd test? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

E

elecreturn

Just done a small additional Immersion circuit install. Run cable through floor space and on surface in trunking. Fitted to a new MCB on spare way in existing consumer unit. Unit had a main switch and a seperate rcd protecting the MCB's. Do I need to go back and get the rcd test results for the certificate? Done all other tests.
Think I already know the answer!

Ok thanks for your answers- I know about the part p (I will notify) and the EIC (currently filling out) just asking a quick question about testing an existing RCD that is already fitted for filling out my EIC.
I'll go back tomorrow and get the test results.

Yes - its a ball ache filling out the EIC, especially now under the AMD 3 guise, but you are confirming all the details at the time and also confirming that all the earthing and bonding are in place too.

Yes - its a ball ache filling out the EIC, especially now under the AMD 3 guise, but you are confirming all the details at the time and also confirming that all the earthing and bonding are in place too.

One good thing about NAPIT (though I am not a scam fan in particular) is they have a slightly elongated MWC for the installation of one circuit. Certainly prefer filling them out to a EIC.

Bloody tick box culture...:icon_bs:

One good thing about NAPIT (though I am not a scam fan in particular) is they have a slightly elongated MWC for the installation of one circuit. Certainly prefer filling them out to a EIC.

Bloody tick box culture...:icon_bs:

So BS 7671 says an EIC for a new circuit, yet Napit say a MWC is fine!

So BS 7671 says an EIC for a new circuit, yet Napit say a MWC is fine!

That thought has crossed my mind before! The extended section is basically the schedule of inspections. There are a lot of firms out there which have their own forms I should imagine. I have always been under the impression that as long as the model forms various details are there somewhere then that is fine. One minor annoyance with NAPIT forms is they only list line-cpc on the IR tests. I prefer L-CPC and N-CPC.

One minor annoyance with NAPIT forms is they only list line-cpc on the IR tests.

Presumably they record all live conductors connected together to Earth, as opposed to line/Earth.

Incidentally remember that it is tested to Earth as opposed to the cpc - i.e. the cpc must be connected to the means of Earthing in order to correctly test this.

I believe ELECSA produce a MEIWC for 3 circuits, again contrary to BS7671.
Technically, there's no requirement to record the RCD test results, as the OP did not install it, and although it does provide additional protection, the additional protection is not required.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Stupid Question- Do i need to go back for rcd test? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock