Discuss Sub contracting work in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

GPack

-
Reaction score
I know a roofer that has a spark and a labourer and are keen to install solar PV. He has requested that he subcontracts my services as an MCS installer out to allow them to get certified. Does anyone know how I can do this within the scope of the scheme and what paper work I need to generate? Would I have to be there on the day of the installation or can I ask him to sign some paper work stating all work will be done in accordance with MIS 3002?
He has an account with a wholesaler and will be supplying the equipment as well as the manpower. His spark is good and has done a number of installations for other companies. I think I will probably have to test and inspect the work. It's all surface anyway so all available to be inspected. From what I have seen they are perfectly capable of designing the systems although I would take a look at the spec before hand.
What will the auditor need to see when he comes to visit me next year? I'm fairly new at this as you can see.
Thanks for your help

It's the company that's certified not the individual, at all the MCS certifications that I've helped companies through there was never a part P electrican present during the inspections.

You can't certify his installation if he is using it for his MCS, just treat him as a normal customer, it's up to him to make sure he complies.

If you're going to certify it, he can't use it for his MCS and you'll need to follow all your MCS procedures.

If you're going to guide him though his MCS then charge him extra for that expertise. Think how much it costs on average to get MCS certified, how much will your expertise save him and charge him at least half of that.

Reply to Sub contracting work in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net