Discuss Submersible pump testing in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Paper mills run on billions of gallons of water. Pumps are quite a useful part of the process shifting paper pulp around them :)

The modern new paper mills were OK, it was the old recyc ones in old Lancashire mills left a bit to be desired.

Paper mills run on billions of gallons of water. Pumps are quite a useful part of the process shifting paper pulp around them :)

The modern new paper mills were OK, it was the old recyc ones in old Lancashire mills left a bit to be desired.

But why multistage pressure pumps? Don't you just need a volume of water as opposed to pressure control?

I still like my theory that paper fibres would separate faster under pressurised conditions... :) That surely has to be the case!?

Oh, I can't remember now! I'm not sure if I actually knew the process in the first place. I was just a Pump and Instrument tech/service geezer at the time.

Ha Ha, yes only the images came out, the rest are just black squares at my end.
I have limited experience of the Calpeda pump sets before but when I have seen them installed I always thought they looked like Grunfos ripoffs ! Thanks for letting me know they are a decent alternative.

God knows why you can't see the videos. Does this work??

The reason we swapped to Calpeda was to do with bromine, we had a project that used it as steriliser in place of chlorine. As the grunfos pumps are designed for potable water, they were fine with chlorine, but not great at bromine. Grunfos said it would likely be ok, but officially no comment. Calpeda said no issue, so we went with them. We weren't expecting a great product to be honest but we were very impressed when we got the system up and running. Also the delicacy of the robot welding around the pump body is astounding ;)

So we never went back. If you ever need to specify a pump again, feel free to PM me if you want to know more.

Oh, I can't remember now! I'm not sure if I actually knew the process in the first place. I was just a Pump and Instrument tech/service geezer at the time.
Fair play. Maybe the pump you hooked up was nothing to do with the recycling process and was just there to move water up to the top floor bogs ;)

Water and the sparky stuff is a fun mix though - and it's nice to see just how basic a plumbers job is when you take a good close look ;)

Reply to Submersible pump testing in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net