Discuss Substation work in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just want to ask a quick question,

How do you get into substation work and maintenance is there some sort of course. This is considering you already have nvq 3 and gold card.

thanks in advance

DNO companies manage their own substations themselves (find a job/apprenticeship with them)
, there may be some subcontractors involved for maintenance, have a look at vehicles parked by your local substation, note the companies, apply there.

otherwise they wont let you near one no matter what course or degree you have, you may easily fry yourself and part of the local grid.

edit:
for London:
Home - Jobs and vacancies ? start your career at UK Power Networks

Last edited:
There are some companies who do this kind of work, HVMS being one of them. Plus big industrial sites will have in house people who do it (there used to be a few such people on here but they got banned or left in disgust)
You won't be going anywhere near the interesting work without a hell of a lot of training first though

There are some companies who do this kind of work, HVMS being one of them. Plus big industrial sites will have in house people who do it (there used to be a few such people on here but they got banned or left in disgust)
You won't be going anywhere near the interesting work without a hell of a lot of training first though

Ive subbed to HVMS in the past.

Reply to Substation work in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, I completed my level 2 2365 installation and my level 3 8202 advanced technical diploma in electrical installation and I’m unsure on...
Replies
Views
Looking for a bit of advice from the wider audience / those who may have done similar before. I entered the game a bit later / in a non...
Replies
Views
Alright everyone, Got a question and looking for some of your opinions. My brother is a qualified electrician and I'll be asking him the same when...
Replies
Views
Hi there, firstly wishing you all good health and happiness 🙂 Just a few questions if you all don’t mind answering for me please.. I’ve just...
Replies
Views
OLDBOY
O
Hi all, Is there companies or people out there that can help source sub contract work as im not sure where to start. I know you get recruitment...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock