Discuss Subtle DIYer giveaways in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

mattg4321

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I was thinking today that there are a few things you come across that aren't necessarily wrong but are a pretty certain giveaway to me that a job has been DIYed or probably bodged elsewhere by Kev the kitchen fitter or Pete the p***head from the pub.

It'll be interesting to see if everyone agrees with this one...

When they've used the knockout on the back of a dry lining box.

Any more from anyone else before I add more?!

Not sure about DIYers ............ but incompetent builder with Napit logo:

No certs
No RCD protection on a number of modified circuits
Mixing different makes of smoke alarms
cable runs upstairs not in zones with no additional protection
No grommets in back boxes
fused spur directly behind and above hob
Lengthy spur off ring with a number of sockets
Downlights too close to joists
Damaged underfloor heating mat

Thats what I've noticed so far .........

they used to have a lot of orange cable in essex..........

till they realised that the fake tan machines had developed leaks.

Reply to Subtle DIYer giveaways in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

We're in the UK, 240v lighting feed. We have replaced all the lights in our house with LED ceiling panels. These are pretty much the standard...
Replies
Views
Long week, lots of health-related issues have me a bit distracted, and this bathroom rework project has got me completely stumped. I'm an...
Replies
Views
Hi all, been a user of the forum for many years now as a complete lurker and throughout this time I would firstly like to thanks everyone for...
Replies
Views
DIY Looking for DIY Advice on ElectriciansForums.net - Also, we're looking for professional electricians to help out in there. I know this is a...
Replies
Views
Hello i've recently just had a re wire done on a three bed semi house, Ive noticed a few things im not 100 percent on ive spoken to the firm that...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock