Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Suitable LED bulb for rechargeable battery in the DIY Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Sam Deh

Sam Deh New EF Member

Hi

I am trying to make a light fixture with an LED bulb and rechargeable battery so that it can sit on table without any cords.

What LED volt light will work with

3.7V 750 mAh battery (see picture) or

4.8V rechargeable battery (see picture)

I am only finding LED strips and bulbs that are 12Volt and the batteries that will work with those LED are too bulky for my fixture.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

option 2.PNG

option1.PNG

2. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Respected Member

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    a LED requires approx 2V. when on a 12V supply, you will have 6 in series. if you use a 3.7V or a 4.8V battery, you should try 2 individual LEDs in series. with the 4.8V, a small resistor ( experiment) or a diode ( drops 0.6V) may also be needed.

3. GBDamo

GBDamo Regular EF Member

Buy an EM bulkead for 15-20 quid and scavenge the parts to build your unit, should last three hours between charges.

• Creative Creative x 1
  4. GBDamo

GBDamo Regular EF Member

Or even one of they one watt EM down lights, can pick them up for a tenner.