Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers

Please visit our prime electrical forum sponsor - they have the best tools at the best prices. If you find a price better somewhere else, call them or contact them, and they may be able to beat it for you. Especially on an order of a few items.

Dismiss Notice

Discuss Summer House Submain in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Gakure

Gakure Regular EF Member

Evening, may I pick you brain guys?
    I have wired a summer house about 30m away from the main board. I have used 32A at DB1 (not RCD protect) and 6mm² 3core SWA, where I have connected both black and sheath (sleeved) at both end as CPC. In the Summer house I have used shed consumer unit 1xRCD and 2 useable mcbs.
    I test Ze and PFC at DB1. I then move to test the shed DB2 RCD, Ring final and light circuit.
    I am wondering
    1. if I use Zs at the DB2 as Ze while filling the cert or do I use Ze and PFC from DB1?
    2. I have added a 32A mcb at DB1, do I test the whole DB1 or Ze and PFC from there are enough?
    What are your thought guys?
    Regards

2. westward10

westward10 In echoed steps I walk across an empty dream. Staff Member Moderator

Ze and PFC are done at source, Ze only occurs at source assuming you have not TT'd DB2. There is no need to test all circuits from DB1, just your new circuit.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ferg

ferg Electrician's Arms

One section of the EIC is for supply characteristics and the SOTR is ZS and IPF at DB

4. Gakure

Gakure Regular EF Member

Thanks ferg

5. Gakure

Gakure Regular EF Member

Thanks Westward

• Like Like x 2
  6. Welchyboy1

Welchyboy1 Electrician's Arms

Usually on the top of the test results section page of the cert there is a box for zs and ipf reading at origin of your remote 2way cu, but this is only on the last test results page, its always worth measuring these values as part of your testing imo

7. Gakure

Gakure Regular EF Member

Thanks guys, just to clarify, am looking at the test sheet part 10, I can see PFC bit and a column of Zs measure near the end of RHS.
    I am wondering am missing the Zs box

8. Midwest

Midwest Electrician's Arms

What/whose forms or software are you using?

9. Gakure

Gakure Regular EF Member

Niceic 18th edition

10. Midwest

Midwest Electrician's Arms

Is it the online software?