Discuss Sunderland in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Englishman

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
They took their time, and may have been left with little choice after yesterday, but I still applaud the decision they took this morning to start the (hopefully) permanent professional football exile of that nonce case piece of ****. I hope he is hounded out of football upon his release from prison, just like rapist scum Ched Evans.

I agree that Sunderland have taken the right decision to terminate his contract after his plea of guilty, but I strongly feel that Sunderland have taken the right actions all along. You can't terminate a contract based on accusations. In this country you are innocent until proven (or plea) guilty. And Sunderland have upheld those values.

Anyone seen that Making a Murderer on Netflix yet? One of the best things I've watched in years, I was literally shouting at the TV at times. Well worth a watch for those with Netflix.

An off topic note, I'd hate to be single nowadays - I've been to local clubs and pubs and there are girls I know to be 14 and 15 out drinking, and they look nothing like the 14 or 15 they should look like. If 14 and 15 year olds can make themselves look old enough to not even trouble a sober doorman, then what chance does an unsuspecting young single lad have? I'm not using this to condone what Adam Johnson has done by any shape or form, just making a comment that it's not as simple as it was in the olden days and young lads have to be so careful.

Last edited by a moderator:
on the news this morning, he denies all charges. as said. innocent till proven guilty. what bugs me about all these cases, including alleged rapes, is that the accused is publicly named before trial and even if absolved from all guilt, his life is ruined by trial by media.

on the news this morning, he denies all charges. as said. innocent till proven guilty. what bugs me about all these cases, including alleged rapes, is that the accused is publicly named before trial and even if absolved from all guilt, his life is ruined by trial by media.

Tel I said the exact same thing when it came out last year. He could be as innocent as Mother Teresa but his life has been ruined by this coverage.

Not wanting to bang the drum about Making a Murderer, but the same thing happens - the media coverage accused the guy of being a murderer from day one, and it was impossible to find a jury that was impartial because of this.

That Netflix documentary was rather economical with the reality, the makers apparently ommited to mention a lot of evidence simply to make their program more entertaining.

There are sometimes reasons why releasing a suspects identity is beneficial to the prosecution, there's been many such cases recently.

There has been some cases of rape where one person coming forward has encouraged other people to come forward about that person.

Talbot, Clifford, Righton, Napier, Alstron, Glitter, Harris, plus rather a lot of God bothering types ...... to name but a few

All started with a single historical accusation, supported by little "real" evidence, public awareness gave others the courage to come forward, the result being a solid case.

Whilst not proven let's not forget Saville, Cyril Smith ....

There has been some cases of rape where one person coming forward has encouraged other people to come forward about that person.

Not just rapes ....

It's a very fine line between encouraging real victims to come forward, and prompting the numerous band waggon jumpers, which has led to a number of cases fàiling.

Not just rapes ....

It's a very fine line between encouraging real victims to come forward, and prompting the numerous band waggon jumpers, which has led to a number of cases fàiling.

I was just using rape as a reference... Yes not just rape.

This 'jumping on the band waggon' is a problem. Maybe harsher punishments for people wrongly accusing people of rape.

It's all over the media this morning that Sian Blake's partner has been arrested on reentry to the UK, paraded around in cuffs, there's been weeks of less than subttle hints at his guilt - without question his trial has been pre judged by many already, perhaps for some just subliminally.

Its a shame that there isn't a genetic marker that gets added to your gene sequence if you rape someone. The we can just use biological weapons to get rid of the people. I presume that this is too harsh....
I might get a visit from the MI5 people now for mentioning 'biological weapons'...

He denies two of the charges of sexual activity with a child. He's already gone guilty on one charge of grooming and one charge of sexual activity (a charge of kissing and touching) with a child.

Some of the guys at work are talking about this. Isn't the lass 15? It's hard to tell the age of some girls. It would be interesting to see her facebook page, if she has one. See how old she looks on the pics there.
At the end of the day, if he knew she was 15 then he deserves whatever he gets.

What would he deserve if he didn't know she was 15 ?

Its hard to prove he did know or he didn't know. If he truly didn't know then there should be no charge. Just my opinion.

Fortunatly pleading ignorance isnt a valid defence, for anything - not just my opionion :p

That is why I said its hard to prove either way. I agree, pleading ignorance isn't a valid defence. If the girl said she was 18 then that is a valid defence. I don't know the case, so it's hard to comment.

I agree with Spoon on this, and as I've said previously if a girl can fool a sober bouncer (and possibly bar staff) as to her real age, what chance does a drunk fella have? What's a guy supposed to do? Verify by means of ID a persons age? Should he take a photocopy of this ID and have it countersigned whilst he's on? I'm sensing a new money making scheme for nightclubs lol. If a girl says she's 18 and consents, and has also beaten system in terms of door security, then I'm left wondering what reasonable measures a young lad has when out on the pull.

However, it's a different matter if he's dropping her off at school the next day (not saying he did this, just saying that sort of thing would mean he knew her age).

The grooming charge seems to point that she was known to him for some time or her family was. (Child grooming is befriending and establishing an emotional connection with a child, and sometimes the family, to lower the child's inhibitions for child sexual abuse)

Reply to Sunderland in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock