Discuss Sunny Boy 4000TL Multi Function Relay in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Orty

View attachment img116.pdf
I am about to replace my 3Kw Immersion Heater with a 1.5Kw. Please see the attached PDF
I intend to control it with the multi function relay in the Sunny Boy turning on at 1800w. The default setting for self consumption is 1500w
The other settings I am considering altering are the default 30mins for start up power to 15mins.
The original IH timeswitch will be left in circuit for manual/timed operation and the Sunny Boy will overide this.
Has anybody any comments to make on my proposed system please.

Thanks

Orty

Last edited by a moderator:
I spy a contactor in his diagram.

The circuit is fine in principle, in that it would work. What you could do is think through where you have isolation/fusing/mcb. It is always tricky when you have something that can be powered from x2 routes, but you do not want the second route energising unexpectedly whilst someone is working on it.

Personally I would keep the 'control' aspects and 'power' aspects separate. So:
- single mcb runs the whole lot
- fused spur for the control elements of sunny boy and timer
- timer powers the contactor coil rather than the immersion direct
- if the connection to the sunny boy cannot be safely unplugged at the sunny boy to isolate, then put in an isolator.

Regards
Bruce

Reply to Sunny Boy 4000TL Multi Function Relay in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net