Discuss SunPower Signature Black Panels in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Glos-Solar

We have a customer who is very keen to have an installation completed by 1st April, however they have asked for a completely all black panel.

They have been looking at SunPower Signature all black panels on the web and are adamant that this is the panel they want.

I have provided datasheets and photos of Hyundai and Bisol all blank panels that we have installed, but they don't like the silver conducters being visible.

Does anyone know of a SunPower supplier?

Thanks.

You can't get Sunpower unless you are a partner which entails either >£1m turnover or a £50k bond, we lost a job a few weeks ago where the customer wanted Sunpower.
As babba says, the Romag black panels are good looking. Otherwise try to sell the performance benefits of black SolarWorlds, these are the best quality panels I have seen.

I may be able to help you with Sunpower panels, and yes they are a fantastic looking and performing panel.
Just PM me with a contact number and I will see what I can do to help tomorrow.

I wish I knew that earlier Earthstore, we lost a job purely because we couldn't get hold of these panels. What really galled me was that the other company were proposing to use a garage supply spurred off a household ring main for the system.

The only problem I have if I lose a job is seeing the c**p that they have fitted instead.
I lost one because the other company said they would through in a sunny beam monitor, then fitted half the panels on a shaded part of the roof.
Some good that free monitor will do him....

We've done all black BP, Hyundai and Romag and they are all very nice looking panels but having recently seen a Sunpower 300 job there is no comparison, they are spectacular and unique with the all back contact cells. That said the Hyundai are excellent value for money...

can supply sunpower all black - also solon and solarworld all black

Sunpower are adamant you cannot re-sell their modules, so I would be interested as to how you can legitimately do this?

We stock ET Solar all black, but unlike Sunpower, you can see the conductors on the front of the panel.

I fail to see the point of their business model with their selectivity of clientèle. Are they that a good a panel only rich people are allowed them? :p

We're partners, we can't get panels either. Not an easy company to deal with tbh.

Not sure how it works on the continent but we were offered some from Belgium recently.

Also nit sure if buying from a third party would affect their warranty, 25 years is a long warranty to void...

Reply to SunPower Signature Black Panels in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net