Discuss Suntechs unavailable - so which panel to substitute in its place? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

and

Was happy with my quotes for 4kW system: SMA 4000TL with Suntech STP 250S 20/WD + Blackpearl.

The Suntech seemed to be very good regarding cost/output - but obviously their lack of availability rules them out.

Which 250W panel would be a good replacement, considering size of panel is not an issue (so I don't need the pricey Sanyo's) in respect of cost/output.

(Situation: big roof, SSE, 35 degree pitch, no shading)

Thanks in advance for your thoughts on the matter.

Ok ... not many takers to reply to this one ...
So ... The Hyundai HiS S250MG look good, comparable price to the Suntech's, slightly less output though ... from what I've read
Sharp NU R250 - pricier and apparently even less output thant the Hyundai ... from what I've read
... be good to have some concrete feedback especially if someone fancies tarting about on their PV*SOL software with some 250W panels!

Just running your system through PV Sol this evening.

So far I'm getting the following results at your location:

3.84kWp system comprising of 16no. Suntech 240w panels and a Fronius IG TL 36 inverter: 3,536kWh
4kWp system comprising of 16no. Hyundai 250w panels and a Fronius IG TL 36 inverter: 3,441kWh
4kWp system comprising of 16no. Sharp 250w panels and a Fronius IG TL 36 inverter: 3,432kWh
3.76kWp system comprising of 16no. Linuo 235w panels and a Fronius IG TL 36 inverter: 3,574kWh

If there are any other systems you would like me to try, give me a shout and I'll run them through the software for you.

However, it looks like you'll have to go for a different inverter to the Fronius IG TL 36.

PV Sol suggests a slight loss in yield with the Power One:

3,486kWh for the Suntech array and 3,483kWh for the Linuo array.

Thanks for running those panels.

From the above results 4kW of Hyundai's don't perform as well as 3.84kW of Suntechs ... which don't perform as well as only 3.76kW of Linuo's. I think Sharp are out of the picture due to least performance and are dearer than the Hyundai's.

Would really love to know what the Hyundai panels and the Linuo panels are like with an SMA 4000TL.

Please could you also run 17x of the Linuo 235W panels (3.995kW).

(Have ruled out the Fronius in favour of the SMA 4000TL)

Thanks in advance.

No probs. I'll run them through this morning. The problem with the 17no. Linuo panels is fitting them in the area that you have. You could have two rows of eight and then a solitary panel above or below these rows in a landscape orientation but it won't look great.

Hi All

Bisol do a black frame / black background mono panel. I will be ordering 16 x 245w panels and a SMA 4000TL soon - hopefully get them fitted before the weather really breaks.

Cheers

Dave

Bisol panels - look interesting ... they to a 250W mono ... but can't find a price for them to compare them to other panels! Anyone knows who stocks them?

Reply to Suntechs unavailable - so which panel to substitute in its place? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net