Discuss Super Rod Mega set. Get one now!! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

NDG Elecs

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Now I have read numerous peeps on here saying they are worth the money, but I doubted it and refused to get a set. I put up with my cheap rods, some accessories and plenty of insulation tape.
Having two nearly full rewires to do I thought stuff it and decided to get a set.
They are brilliant. Excellent quality and they cover nearly every possiblity. I was aware of cable socks and seen them being used but had never used them before myself, and can only say they are such a time saver. And the magnet and chain are good too. My favourite is the really bendy 1m rod though, guess I am really easily pleased!

If anyone reading this has pondered whether to get a set I would say get online and order one NOW, you really really really will not regret it!

The only little niggle I have with the set is that they are around 3-4mm wider than the cheap set I have, which

PS I don't have shares or any other interest in this company!!

Can you compleat the end of the sentence.

OK Anthony, I will just for you mate! Think I was going to say which........means you need to have bigger access holes if pulling a few cables through. And that sometimes space can be tight. The thinner diameter of the cheaper rods is defo the only possible advantage they have over the Mega Set.

Are the attachments of the Super Rod set fit on the cheaper rod set?

Don't think so. I have used the £25-30.00 blue rods for years. They are not compatible with the mega set threads. Though they may be compatible with some other brands perhaps...

Did I tell you about the CK Mighty Rods set I won in a competition...........:sleeping:
did i tell you about the trained ferret i once had. stick a toy rat down 1 hole, ferret down the other, with a string round it's neck. job done, till he saw a real rat and vanished up a chimney, never to be seen again.

Want my money back!! Piece of s**t rod set!

One of the threaded ends snapped off one of the black rigid rods today. Very very little pressure was put on it and it wasn't trying to bend unduly at all. If this is the shape of things to come I won't be happy!
Overall though I am still impressed, and the combo of different attachments is a real time saver..

Apparently Super Rod have a very good replacement policy. I snapped one of my yellows from my first set and was told by the wholesaler I should give them a call to get it replaced. Unfortunately I only had the screw end as the rest of the rod was in the dry wall :)

Give them a call and see what they say.

Reply to Super Rod Mega set. Get one now!! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net