Discuss Supplementary bonding in commercial kitchen in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Raby123

Hi
I have been asked to install bonding to the stainless steel worktops and sinks in a commercial kitchen as the pub h&s lady says it is needed? Is this a regulation? There is only 100mA RCD protection not 30mA otherwise i would doubt the need

Asked the same question myself when doing Tescos, all the stainless splashbacks withs commandos fixed on them, all the stainless worksurfaces, in those instances I was told not to bother.

I am not convinced one bit!!!

worked in a few places now, one being subway sandwiches, where staff complain of tingles and shocks from work tops and ovens!!
Bond them together...potential diffrences large oven loads and big metal surfaces= induced voltages and tingles.. :) yep yep just bond them...

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Supplementary bonding in commercial kitchen in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Just had my design project handed back to me from my last block and I got everything right apart from one question Q9 I would take a photo but...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I've been asked to do a EICR in a commercial property, So i popped in to have a look on my way home quickly and found the lighting...
Replies
Views
Curious about supplementary bonding, I have these two 4mm Cables loose and not connected to anything in my parents house. I presume they are for...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Just a quick question. Does a main protective bonding conductor require UV protection when run outside? I am under the impression that...
Replies
Views
8.5K shower unit is wired to plastic box consumer unit to 30 amp cartridge fuse with no RCD It’s the original shower installed when the house was...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock