Discuss Supply to outbuilding (Shed) in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I think they put it in the diagram to illustrate that after the fuse you can put outlets and loads, all being protected by that fuse. You mentioned the European method of a new circuit from the CU - that's what is done here too. The diagram is just the minimum, a low cost alternative with lower power and perhaps a higher chance of tripping a house circuit :) .
It is not easy to supply the sed from the house CU that's why I am doing this low cost alternative method. The shed is going to have a light and a double socket. I do know if there is a problem in the shed my RCD is going to trip in the house. If I have this problem in future (hope not) then I have to find a way to get power from house CU with the correct cable, MCB and CU (including RCD) at shed and take power before the house RCD so no tripping the house RCD.

Good evening

I am an electrician from abroad, I have my 17th edition pased in UK and I am working as an electrician in industry since 2012.
I would like to power my shed with a 2.5mm Armoured cable. Can enyone tell me if I can do it as described in digram below.
Do I need the socket outlet after the Switched Fused Spur.
If not any sugestions ?
You drawing (which is well done by the way) shows a 16 Amp switched fused spur, not possible 13mp is the max.

what i meant with my post was that you'd rarely see something like lighting being fed from a RFC via a FCU in an industrial situation. the regs. are the same, it's the practical aspect that varies. usually something that is common in the domestic sector may never be seen in a factory.
Well in my job they asked us to put led lights at the output of all machines so The can check the products. All the lights are fed from inside of machine 240V and there is a switched fused spur 3A before the light.

which tere should be. the down rated fuse is to protect the smaller cable feeding the light/s

Reply to Supply to outbuilding (Shed) in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net