Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Surface mounted 4 gang surge-protected socket in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. NDG Elecs

NDG Elecs Electrician's Arms

Hi Lads and Ladies (SC!),

I should have took a pic - I thought I did...:confused:

I'm after an oversized 4-gang socket with pattress. It is an surge-protected type, which I'm aware don't always apparently work as they should in relation to surges.

The faulty item in question is a massively over-sized unit probably around 150mm high by +300mm long and approx 60mm deep. Tinternet searches have frustratingly only come up with trailing extension type surge sockets.

If anyone knows a supplier I would be extremely grateful.

Thanking you, Neil

2. Richard Burns

Richard Burns Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Richard Burns
    60mm deep sounds more like one of the laboratory socket blocks for mounting on a workbench.
    Greenbrook used to do a surge protected 4 gang socket converter that was somewhat smaller than you state 240x100x50 that plugged into the socket behind.
    Eterna now do a wired one instead but again smaller than either 258mm wide x 87mm high x 25mm deep.
    Greenbrook socket convertor.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. marconi

marconi Regular EF Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. NDG Elecs

Nope neither of those unfortunately, I appreciate the links though. Its basically a standard typical-looking surface mounted unit, but obviously 4 gang and super sized. It's in a dentist's surgery and powers their main PC and peripherals. I will text the owner tomorrow and get her to send me a photo of it. It had some writing on the face plate but not defo as to whether this stated the manufacturer. I wanted to open it up but the PC was in use so wasn't able to. I bet with the pic I will find it within 30 seconds of googling!

5. NDG Elecs

Got a piccy now. Looking at the logo it is seemingly a masterplug product. Can't find it on their website though. Will email them just in case.

IMG-20180615-WA0000.jpg

6. marconi

• Like Like x 1
  7. marconi

8. NDG Elecs

Good shout there Marconi, I never thought of that. The faceplate is a thinnish thing which came away slightly at the corner when I was trying to have a closer look. But there are no obvious screws to hold it in place, which may point to it being a 'sealed' unit and plugged in as you say.

Richards one is very similar, will have a closer look. Otherwise, I hope the ring is behind there so I can change to two DSSOs.

• Like Like x 1