Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Surface Mounted sockets in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Trevor R

Trevor R Guest

Hi

Just looked at a job in a 90 year old building - the customer wants a number of additional sockets, the only existing socket is surface mounted with the T&E chased into the wall. The room full of bookshelves all walls from the floor to the ceiling. I explained that to chase the walls etc would mean moving all of the books, and not without a little dust and disruption - he said sod that surface mount them using trunking make it look as neat as you can.

So I am thinking I can extend from the existing ring - but how do I make bring the T&E out from the existing surface mounted socket look neat? Cable out and into trunking?

Any ideas more than appreciated

Trev

2. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    straight out the side of the patress into mini trunking.

3. Trevor R

Trevor R Guest

Oopps that will teach me to check what I have written - the existing socket is flush mounted not surface - the new sockets will be surface mounted any ideas on how to make that look neat?

4. mechelec

mechelec Electrician's Arms

Surface mount existing socket and as already said out the side to mini trunking

5. Adam W

Adam W Electrician's Arms

Drill out the thread on a surface box and use extra long 3.5mm screws through the holes in the surface mount box and into the recessed one, then mini trunking out of the socket, which will make all the sockets look the same.

6. ipf

ipf Trusted Advisor

Suggest doing a little testing before you start. And, if your extending the ring at the socket, you could be a bit short of room (4 T+E's?)