Discuss Suspicious, and rather disturbing turn of events in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
background. I have a property for sale that I had rented out. The tenant left back in March and we’ve been trying to sell since.
The house is empty, we have keys and the estate agent has a set.

We had a viewing at 6pm tonight, so my wife and I turned up at 5 to give it a quick hoover and a dose of fabreze.

We noticed a strange mark on the carpet under a radiator and I looked under to find half a bird wing hanging down. There was a dead bird down the back of the radiator!

Quickly poked out, and disposed of... and a few extra sprays of air freshener and all good.

Got us thinking though.... how long has the bird been there?
If it had got in recently, there would be bird sh*t everywhere.
The other option is our ex-tenant left it as a going away present.

There’s no holes into the attic.... and the windows have been shut while no ones been there.

It was a thrush or a starling.... not a domestic budgie

The viewing went well. Looking forward to an offer next week, fingers crossed

Asking nationality of X tenants will get me in all kinds of (PC) problems !
If these is a long corridor / large room -- 10% plausible.
Flew into window internally ... (but probably needs near by object to rebound !)
..Windows often left a jar to air , unless place is all air freshened up..

Last edited:
Scottish tenant, Scottish landlord :)

I just find it strange that it was down the back of a rad. It was in the living room.... window on same wall and one on end wall.
Internal doors were all open. Attic hatch shut - that wasn't a way in.

It must have walked in one day when we are doing a viewing... and hid somewhere... got itself perched on a rad, died, and fell backward down the gap?

The previous tenant had cats.... but that was before we bought the property.

I think chimney might be the answer. We took out a wood burner stove and blocked it ourselves. There’s maybe a gap.

Reply to Suspicious, and rather disturbing turn of events in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net