Discuss suspicious job? any one heard of them? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

suspect spark

Portal Systems and Technology. There based in paisley Glasgow. They have a job advertised on the job center website looking for someone to test houses link below:

http://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk/Internet/viewVacancy.do?selectedVacancy=16&ref=PAL/55555

Im supposed to be going for an interview tomorrow spoke to them on friday but they never emailed me through the details which they said they would. So I searched google for there number and came accross a law website. basically some guy saying the company sold him a franchise and they ripped him off. link below:

I think there is a possibility that I may be the victim of a - JustAnswer

So i'm thinking why is an electrician company selling franchises and ripping people off? also there looking for a sales executive on a job website.

Most people who ask for test certificates these days want them to be registered with Select or NICEIC i've checked both websites and cant find Portal Systems and Technology on them. Who would give them enough work to keep a spark full time testing if they are not registered with select or niceic?

I dunno just looks dodgy to me, dont want to get bumped. But dont want to miss out on a job if its genuine. Anyone heard of them or any ideas how to check them out if there legit? I'll speak to them tomorrow and ask them some questions anyway.

I think with your second link, you've answered your own question.
Call the Gov. job center and tell then your suspicions and refer them to your link. Let them sort it.
Keep the Scotsmans code of short arms and long pockets and you won't get ripped off.

If they want money up front walk away and inform the job centre and perhaps trading standards if they are trying to sell you a franchise they must have something to back it up.

Let us all know how you got on

Chris

Reply to suspicious job? any one heard of them? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net