Discuss SWA or steel conduit? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Gaz Bryan

Evenin all. Started a job today rewiring a garage only to find that the feed to the garage is spurred off a radial in the house. So a new feed is required. I'm going to run a 4mm cable out to the garage to feed a light circuit and a radial cct for the sockets via a cu.
The majority of the cable run is inside but approx 5 feet of the run is going to be on the outside wall.
Now the question is would you run the exposed cable through a length of steel conduit or would you use SWA either for the whole run or just the exposed part?

If you can mount it high up on the outside wall and it is not in direct sunlight i would not bother with either. If it is in sunlight it would be cheaper and easier to use plastic conduit. I would only go with the other options if it is likely to be exposed to impact :)

It will be in direct sunlight and at a height of about 6 foot 6. It should be fairly safe but it'll be in the sort of corner that is ideal for storing ladders or such like.

Hi-Tuff for me as well :D maybe only as I've got a couple of full drums otherwise it's SWA :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to SWA or steel conduit? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, I have 50 ft of corrugated pipe buried between my house and a pool shed. I placed it where I knew future landscaping would make it very...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Victron Multiplus-II 5kVA inverter/charger with Pylontech US5000 batteries installed in my house along with a 6.8kWp PV array and...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am burying a fiber optic cable so I have internet in my garage. I have purchased the following flexible conduit to run the fiber optic...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Looking for help here as I've come across a strange call-out today. Bare with me here: Got a call from a customer saying they had...
Replies
Views
I'll start by saying - I have absolutely no intention of doing any wiring or anything electrical myself. You get someone professional to do a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock