Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

Discuss Swapping over alarm bell box in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. MacP

MacP New EF Member

Hi there.

I swapped over my bell box a couple of days ago with an AG6.

The terminations were slightly different from the old one. The bell is working as it should.

What I have noticed is happening since I changed it over is sometimes when I open the back door which has a door contact on it, the tamper setting triggers causing the alarm to go off.

I don't know if this is purely coincidental or something to do with me swapping the box over ?

Thanks

2. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    i would suspect that there's a poor connection , damaged cable. or damp in or close to the back door contact. when you open the door the vibration could cause the problem. or, are you sure that the zone has not been inadvertently set to chime.

3. MacP

MacP New EF Member

Ok thanks, I will check for moisture inside the contact.

The zone used for the back door has always been set to Chime so it chimes when opened. Could this be a reason for it to set the tamper and alarm off if it was set to Chime?

4. Rob Argent

Rob Argent New EF Member

Business Name:
    Comstation Security Systems
    You could also do a little link across bell tamper and ground bypassing the bell tamper loop and see if it still does it, im not sure what system you have tho.