Discuss switch with neon reccomendation please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mdgibbs32

Hi All
I need switch for storage heaters with a built in neon that indicates when the heater is actually on and drawing power, not that the circuit is live (hope that makes sense)
Any recomendations guys ?
thanks

If the heaters are small enough you could run the circuits through a grid switch with DP switches and neon modules ?

Weird request,but I would have thought its as easy as just fitting another spur switch with neon indicator wired the load side of the heater input switch off a bit of flex

the op wants an indicator that lights up when the element is energised
its not rocket science
why the op would want that eludes me
and why a neon? an led would be better
i could suggest a way to do it but whats the point of it

think you are looking for an indicator that coincides with the operation of the thermostat? i.e when the element clicks on, the Light goes on?

There's a few ways of doing it and most of them are dangerous to set up if you don't fully think things out...

The easiest thing you could do is to look on the screwfix website, there are wall mounted Thermostat control spurs that have an LED that comes on when the heater clicks on, as well as + - buttons for setting them......about £40 I think...

Unless I have completely misread the OP. Whatnismrequired is a indicator that shows current is being drawn by the heater and not that the circuit is live.

Reply to switch with neon reccomendation please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Just a quick one, I want to use an ip rated light switch with a neon indicator to manually ovveride a PIR detector controlling an e27 LED...
Replies
Views
I am asking on behalf of a friend who has an outbuilding that he uses as an art studio, the building is fully insulated and is currently heated by...
Replies
Views
I've a 3 phase storage heater currently wired to the main fuse box in an office I have. The heater has 2 supplies/isolators, 1 for charging at...
Replies
Views
Been round to a house to quote to replace some storage heaters for new panel heaters and came across a strange (to me at least) way of wiring the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have an Economy 7 storage heater Dimplex CXL24N - 3.4kW Storage Heater + Convector ( there not available anymore) that dos'nt work and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock