Discuss switched on in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

w crane

Simple question.ah
is it possible to puchase a
[h=1]Double-Pole Double-Throw Switch.[/h]which looks like a normal wall switch used to operate lights.

any help cheers

might be able to get one in the grid switch format.

We used to use the Gewiss Playbus range, which contains a reversing switch amongst just about every other kind of grid mounting accessory you can imagine. I think we got them from Electric Centre. They're Italian so they look nice but aren't exactly what you'd call 'robust'.

Alternatively you could use an actual ordinary light switch with a DPDT contactor sited remotely.

Could I ask why you need a DP DT switch?

designing circuit for taxi office :eek:utside movement detector floods / sirien . min number of switches , no relays . got it down to one DPDT and a single way sw.This give me several option to put circuit into.
Then was told design would not work because the type of wall switch DPDT i needed (to match existing sw's) did not exist.
Also your not alowed to have a sirien hooked up to a external sensor.
Hence snookered both ways. ahhhhh:nopity:
But i would likje to prove existance of switch if possible .

Reply to switched on in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Thinking a 240V AC relay activated by two independent light switches could be used to switch power to a shared inline extractor fan. The fan...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I've moved into a flat and I've decided to replace the original electric switches and sockets with white ones. I've done them all...
Replies
Views
Double wall socket switch won't switch off. It just flips back to on. The left side one is fine. It used to do this 3 years ago then was working...
Replies
Views
Wonder if anyone can help out, my experience in heating is minimal. So house I was working in had a circuit for the water heater, which went to a...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone :) my first post here. Quick background I'm a newly qualified installer of somewhat advanced years whose just starting out in the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock