Discuss switched spurs and cooker switches in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

adam.h

I remember a while back there was some discussion about this. But for switched spurs and cooker switches, can they be placed in cupboards?
I know they need to be accessible, so if you fill the cupboad you can say it does become in-accessible.

I remember a while back there was some discussion about this. But for switched spurs and cooker switches, can they be placed in cupboards?
I know they need to be accessible, so if you fill the cupboad you can say it does become in-accessible.

I think there was a mixed response from that debate.
I think the outcome was that it was not recommended but was acceptable
BUT the Local point of Isolation had to be within 2 meters of the cooker

personally I'd rather have them on the wall close by. I did hear that there was going to be something to prevent having them in cupboards in the future?

Customer doesnt want to have any switches on show, but they are having two ovens, and loads of other integrated appliances so there will be a few needed plus the cooker has stated to have a 45A main for all hobs, then a 45A for 4 hobs and a 30A for one hob!! so dont blame them to want have them hidden lol
Are there any cooker control units that have more than one switch?

I was told it's ok to put spurs etc. in cbds as long as you fix to solid part not hardboard back. But cooker switch should be on show in case of emergency.

For other appliances i've been using grid switches and putting them all in one box.

Last edited:

Reply to switched spurs and cooker switches in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net