Discuss Tablet software ?? in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
morning lads.
Just after a bit of advice. I have an Apollo 500 tester and use pat guard 3 software for my pat testing, I have to be honest in that I don’t do allot of pat testing, and really just do it as a side line to my electrical contracting business. Recently a large care home that I carry out maintenance works for have asked me to pat test the entire place ! There are thousands of appliances.
My question is that I find the Apollo very frustrating to use, and had thought that the unit would save all the details of previous tested appliances when the previous test label was scanned, which it doesn’t. It only saves the type of test carried out last time.
In addition to this I find the keys and users menus time consuming inputting data.
Does anyone have any alternative? I’m thinking there must be a tablet app out there that is able to speed up the whole data input and retrieval method ? Perhaps blue toothed linked to the pat tester ? And something that actually saves the appliance details !
What method does everyone else use? I would really appreciate your thoughts.
Thanks in advance.

Seaward offer a cheap and cheerful App called PATMobile which also takes pictures and prints certificate to a Bluetooth printer

Reply to Tablet software ?? in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock