Discuss Taking 2394 & 2395 - A little advice in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello all

FINALLY getting around to doing my 2394 and 2395 in a few months. Got all the required reading I believe (GN3, GN8, Onsite guide, 17th Regs etc)

Any other useful links or past papers available anywhere?

I really do struggle with exams and getting stuff to stay in my head - hence the good 3 month run up to the exam... hopefully I can learn those GN books backwards

Thanks all

Hello all

FINALLY getting around to doing my 2394 and 2395 in a few months. Got all the required reading I believe (GN3, GN8, Onsite guide, 17th Regs etc)

Any other useful links or past papers available anywhere?

I really do struggle with exams and getting stuff to stay in my head - hence the good 3 month run up to the exam... hopefully I can learn those GN books backwards

Thanks all

I have only done a 2391 and I passed that with no experience and 2 circuits of DIY experience, I had passed my 2360 and 2380 though so I knew a bit. read GN3 a lot, know the basics of the regs dont go to deep and know the law EWR ect, If its anything like the 2391 fear the structured questions and really fear the practical as the 2391 was only a 30% pass rate nationaly thats why the split it into two so I guess you will have two nightmares, oh and dont take advise from anybody other than GN3, GS38, BS7671, EWR, and maybe your lecturer if he is any good and has the time for you

Visit the C&G website, and download the examiners reports for the past 2394 / 2395 papers.

Then read these reports carefully, and note the things that cost candidates marks. If you read a few, you'll soon see it is the same things time and time again - like using the wrong terminology, getting the names of test instruments slightly wrong, not remembering to include units with results, missing out some of steps required for safe isolation, etc.

And don't forget to learn how to draw an earth fault diagram for TN-C-S, TN-S and TT, with all the key components labelled using exactly the right terminology.

Reply to Taking 2394 & 2395 - A little advice in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net