Discuss Taking on more work in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I have had a lot of work on for some time now and need an 'official' hand. They would have their own tools and van.

What should I do regarding paying them. I've looked on HMRC website and also read up on CIS but I've been left a bit baffled and it's probably much better to have it explained on here where one of you will have been in the same situation!

I have just started up as a sole trader,and all the hmrc and other bits are enough to make your head spin,sure we will get there eventually,the only thing that i can think on your question is would it not depend on if you yourself were a ltd company or sole trader?,why do they have to confuse us,ive been offered a 1/2 day free business course im going to have to take them up on that offer.

I have had a lot of work on for some time now and need an 'official' hand. They would have their own tools and van.

What should I do regarding paying them. I've looked on HMRC website and also read up on CIS but I've been left a bit baffled and it's probably much better to have it explained on here where one of you will have been in the same situation!

Don't you have an accountant that you use?? I'd ask their advice. they're normally pretty helpfull

There are certain rules that have tightened up in recent years

You are self employed if;
you can decide where and when to start
you can take a day off without any repercussions (not talking about the wife or peeved customers)

If you give the guy all the work, tell him where and when to work then he is employed

HMRC are quite helpful- they do a cd rom that works out all the stuff (inc tax codes etc) and even helps you submit it online

subby? just get them to invoice you each week? ive done that in the past

Reply to Taking on more work in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock