Discuss tamper fault on Optima Compact in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

simbin

Hi. I've tried to fit an Optima Compact alarm panel with built in key pad. Upon energising there is a tamper fault. I've removed all zones & linked them out but still no joy. This is the reason I hate doing alarms & will avoid in the future! Any ideas please??:devil:

ring the manufacturer and ask then for the engineers code, I had a similar problem not so long ago and was inputting the user code instead of the engineers code, they printed the code wrong in the book, if the user code is 1234, then try 4321 for the engineer, it well may be possible all you need to do is input the engineers code to actually set the system up

the a and t, ot -hold and tamper return are the bell tamper. if thaat clears the fault, it's probably the bell back tamper not making the tamper switch in the bell box. the panel tamper is the spring on the panel PCB.

the other way to check the bell tamper is with your meter on DC volts, + lead on bell+. - lead should show 12V between + and both A and T. also, some ext. sirens need a link between 0V and tamper return.

Link tr. to 0 v. Bell tamper return looks for 0v in healthy position going high in tamper. Check your remote keypad tamper if fitted. Link all zone tampers out even unused ones. Try to get panel clear then add your tamper ccts back one at a time

optimas, i think, have global tamper common to all zones.

it means that there is only 1 pair of terminals for all the zone tamper loops. which are wired in series. rather than having individual zone tampers in the panel.

If I remember rightly (thats a hard job in itself!!) with the optima you have to programme each zone out if you are not going to use them. You cant just put a link between the zone contacts at the panel.

not on the optimas i've used. but not used one lately so it could be the newer ones. oldtimer's your expert on optima.

i linked out the zones on the optima i have installed and did not need to programme it in!! i did have a tamper lock out but mine was the remote keypad - the spring on the back was not making so you either stretch the spring a little so it pushes, or link out in the panel (sorry thats not too much help with a built in keypad!)

Reply to tamper fault on Optima Compact in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net