Discuss Tax on state pension - is it fair? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Percyprod

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
What do others think of the fact that your state pension is taxed? Surely it's a bit rotten to do it? It's a small enough amount anyway.

Its a little known fact, i know this because my other job is dealing with stuff like this, that there are around 30,000 people in the UK who paid enhanced pension contributions through the government pensions scheme, this was many years ago.#
They are now drawing pensions and of course they are above the personal tax allowance. the government normally codes pension companies payments to you so the PAYE still works with the use of tax codes and the like. Believe it or not, the government has no method of coding its own pensions. SO the pensioner gets their pension, then at the end of the year they get a demand for tax, this is for people who have never done a tax return and only have one source of income. This tax demand comes out of the blue. The gov have waived some demands, but when i asked the simple question "Why not tax it at source, its their only income and its coming from you" - the answer is they cannot do it....

You would think it:tearsofjoy:. Should have been Personal Tax Allowance is £11,850 for this Tax Year. Not sure where you got £11,600 from, it was £11,500 for 17/18.

How's your memory after a few pints on an empty stomach and being a passenger in a car on a motorway

State pension is effectively the cut off point for tax free income, so if you have only a state pension, you get it as it is...anything else, anything whatsoever, earned or unearned, is taxed...except,
dramatic pause...
2 things I know about for certain!

But am I going to tell you about them?

probably...

but not now

I've said all that. You lot are just repeating wot I already said. Talk about liking the sound of your own voice. You should of just 'agreed' with my post 2, FFS. :)

FFS Midwest, ease up, please!
Plus, your grammar is not exemplary, so why would we take financial advice from you? FFS!

"I don't deserve this...i was building a house...." click ..."Deserve ain't got nuthin to do with it..."

So will a bloke in his mid fifties, with a fetish for wearing leather cat suit & thigh length boots, moving into Axminster :)
I have been taught well by the Master AKA Midwest (by correspondence course) and training videos where Midwest plays himself ;o)))))

Reply to Tax on state pension - is it fair? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net