Discuss Technical Discussion - PV*SOL Expert 5.5 in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

lspelectrical:

We have created a document showing the steps you need to follow to configure arrays on multiple roofs to one inverter.

These instructions have been emailed to you and are available to anybody else who could use some tips on the subject. If other Electricians Forum members would like a copy of this document then please send an email requesting it to: [email protected] and we'll be happy to provide it free of charge.

I wonder if you would mind emailing this info to me also?: [email protected]

Hi Chris,

Hopefully both emails have arrived and make sense.

Feel free to email back if you have any further questions.

Julian.

We have Expert 5.5 and have noticed a possible issue. The SMA3600TL won't allow a 4kw system of conventional panels such as the Hyundai or Samsung. The inverter allows 15A per string but the software flags up two strings as an overvoltage condition (approx 16-17A).

It's therefore not allowing us to select this inverter for most 4kw systems and we have to choose a 4000TL instead.

Does anyone else get this? Can this be changed?

Well spotted. You can actually change this in the database on PV Sol yourself easily enough but it would be an idea if the developers altered the database to suit.

It sounds to me that MAX current has been input incorrectly.

A real-world representation of the shading from surrounding objects is extremely important for precisely calculating yields. You’re therefore looking for a program which takes shading into account as analytically as possible? PV*SOL® Expert does just that! You can visualize all roof-integrated or mounted systems - even on the ground - with up to 2,000 modules in 3D and calculate shading on the basis of 3D objects.

read more:

PV*SOL Expert | Valentin Software

Reply to Technical Discussion - PV*SOL Expert 5.5 in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock