Discuss Teeside HNC Electrical and Electronic Engineering in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Well lads, any change in progress! Engineering science completed, got a merit overall, 1 pass and 3 distinctions! Happy enough! had my end of module interview as well which went well! Anyone start analytical methods for engineers (AME) yet?

Well done Sparkymalarky! Good effort. What sort of format did the interview take and was it hard?

Fortunately i've already passed Analytical methods at previous college, found it quite tough but still got through it.

It was very informal to be honest! But you do need to know what you done, he asked me to explain 2 questions, 1 of 2 different Tma's then he asked me about the ones I got wrong! But it was grand! Struggling with AME to be honest!! So your not doing AME then with Teesside? Lucky sod lol

I did my first 4 modules day release at college and without a doubt everyones worst module was AME, the target was just to pass as best we could and that was when you had someone to ask every week for help as well. I have a book, Engineering through mathematics by Singh, very good for our line of work and puts it across well.

Guys,

anyone else received the letter about having to complete 2 modules a year from september onwards? No more excuses now, gonna have to crack on regardless.

Hi mate,
Yes, they made me aware.
Still its a good thing and like you say means we will have to crack on.:)

Managed to finsih off TMA4 so on with AME.

I feel your pain with AME guys, it was hard when i did it. I'm not going to say i can definitely help because i did it at a different college but if you guys PM me the questions if you get stuck i will see if i can help:)

Guys, I've just read this thread as I've decided that when I can I'm going to try and do as you have. My level of respect for your commitment is 100[%. Once time and money are sorted in the not too distant future I'll try Teesside. I've never done A levels, what's the min requirements and what are the bridging modules if needed? HNC over HND? Did you have to buy software etc?

I never did A-levels, the engineering science stuff varies from easy reminder from apprentice level to never seen before difficult. HND is just more modules, i think you can do the HNC and then do more modules afterward to top up to an HND. The Analytical maths is difficult though and requires lots of patience and commitment. I would think that you will have to do the maths bridging module.
The main thing about passing an HNC whether home learning as i am now or at day release college which i have done in the past is just finding the time and keeping motivated.
Hope this helps

Thanks for your info smk75. I've gotta get stuff in order so as not be side tracked whilst in full study mode. Would you or anyone know of anything to research and get into that might help before I actually start?

Sledge,

i use 2 very good books but i paid a lot initially for them but a quick scan on amazon/ebay they look a lot cheaper now:[h=1]Engineering Mathematics Through Applications by singh &[/h]Electrical circuit theory and technology 3rd edition by John Bird

If you worked through these books and self assessments you will get an idea of what the HNC will be like. You wont need to do all of the books, it gets pretty heavy the further in but iv'e used both mine whilst doing the HNC for reference and info and will continue to do so.

Obviously there are other books and authors but these are mine main 2.

Alright new forum member here, glad I found this thread!

Alongside an electrical maintenance apprenticeship, I have recently completed;

BTEC level 3 subsidiary (2012)
BTEC level 3 / HNC bridging course (2013)

I am looking to continue on with my qualifications on the academic side and enroll onto the HNC. Unfortunately my employer has backtracked on the original plan and has now decided they will not give me time off to do so. So the only option is to do the online learning through Teesside University (which is actually where I live).

I felt reasonably comfortable with the BTEC courses and didn't really require much effort at college to complete them. Although I am concerned that the online learning is a different ball game and I will struggle with both the increase in difficulty and the lack of support. So I'm going to have a read through this thread and I predict I'll be visiting quite often and fingers crossed, if I'm finding it tough I may have the option to pop into the Uni, who knows.

Cheers.

Reply to Teeside HNC Electrical and Electronic Engineering in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock