Discuss telemecanique limit switch query in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sparkydude

Hi allwe have got a telemecanique limit switch on a sprinkler valve to indicate a fault situation if the main valve is to be shut for any reason. The client has now asked for the intruder alarm to be linked to this valve also in order to fulfill these requirements , both parties need a clean set of N/O contacts . The current limit switch only has one of each . The current unit is a ZCMD21, i have looked around but cannot seem to find a switch with two sets of contacts both the same state on it .

Anyone got any ideas . Either that or a simple way of converting N/O to N/C without an auxilliary power supply operating a relay .

Nick

are you sure its the intruder alarm,most are linked to fire alarms on a zone,depends on the site id imagine but never seen sprinklers attached to intruder systems

tho it could be done from intruder panel if thats whay they insist on,run a cable from the intruder panel connect the +v to the c n/o on the valve,run it back to a 12v relay in the panel,the zone will be connected to the c/nc on the relay so when the valve trips the relay energises and the intruder zone goes open,tho depending on the intruder panel and if its monitored if will need a different channel to signal

Yes i was suprised that they wanted it connected to the intruder alarm aswell, but hey its a council. They want it so that if the main valve is closed they are unable to set the alarm until the issue has been resolved. The bloody great sprinkler alarm beeping violently doesnt give them any clue at all that something might be wrong does it now LoL. Thanks for that idea Alarm man, unfortunateley the alarm company have been out and installed their cable prior to our visit and so we only have a cable with N/C contacts which they want to pick up from the sprinkler system.

Yes i was suprised that they wanted it connected to the intruder alarm aswell, but hey its a council. They want it so that if the main valve is closed they are unable to set the alarm until the issue has been resolved. The bloody great sprinkler alarm beeping violently doesnt give them any clue at all that something might be wrong does it now LoL. Thanks for that idea Alarm man, unfortunateley the alarm company have been out and installed their cable prior to our visit and so we only have a cable with N/C contacts which they want to pick up from the sprinkler system.

you should have got there first and installed your n/o cable,tho you need to get them back out and ask them to fit a relay,unless you have a power source and a psu and a relay near the valve your stuck,ask them to fit the relay in their panel its the easiest and cheapest option..

Reply to telemecanique limit switch query in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net