Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Telephone extension point in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. 067256

067256 Guest

Hi there. I have bt infinity plugged into my master socket in the hallway. It is a nte5 with the additional adsl attachment fitted. All the equipment is on the floor and in the way. Can I run a cat5 from the master to an extension point in a bedroom. I want to leave my telephone plugged into the master in the hallway still and then gave the infinity modem and router plugged into the bedroom extension. Is this possible to do? What are the connections I need to do at the master socket?

2. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    you can use cat5. connect 2-2 and 5-5. make sure that the extension socket is a slave socket, not a master.

3. UNG

UNG Trusted Advisor

Two ways to do it

1. fit an NTE2000 BT NTE-2000 ADSL Faceplate for NTE5 and connect your extension to 2 & 5 on this plate the extension socket will not require an ADSL filter as this is built in to the NTE2000

2. Connect the extension to 2 & 5 on the removable lower plate and connect to 2 & 5 you will need an ADSL filter at your extension socket

4. 067256

067256 Guest

The master already has an adsl connector on it. There is a krone strip on the back with 2 connectors. Do I connect the extension cable to this?

5. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    the krone strips will have connections 1-6. you only need 2 and 5.