Discuss Telephone extension point in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi there. I have bt infinity plugged into my master socket in the hallway. It is a nte5 with the additional adsl attachment fitted. All the equipment is on the floor and in the way. Can I run a cat5 from the master to an extension point in a bedroom. I want to leave my telephone plugged into the master in the hallway still and then gave the infinity modem and router plugged into the bedroom extension. Is this possible to do? What are the connections I need to do at the master socket?

you can use cat5. connect 2-2 and 5-5. make sure that the extension socket is a slave socket, not a master.

Two ways to do it

1. fit an NTE2000 BT NTE-2000 ADSL Faceplate for NTE5 and connect your extension to 2 & 5 on this plate the extension socket will not require an ADSL filter as this is built in to the NTE2000

2. Connect the extension to 2 & 5 on the removable lower plate and connect to 2 & 5 you will need an ADSL filter at your extension socket

The master already has an adsl connector on it. There is a krone strip on the back with 2 connectors. Do I connect the extension cable to this?

the krone strips will have connections 1-6. you only need 2 and 5.

Reply to Telephone extension point in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Something simple, I think.... my understanding is that the BT master socket extension is unfiltered. Does this mean that I can run it to a RJ11...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I posted here some time ago asking for validation of a quote I received for a rewire. (10k assumed 60 points) And got some good advice so...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm looking for some advice to help me troubleshoot my strange issue with my consumer unit/fuse board on which my RCD keeps tripping...
Replies
Views
Hello My dear old mother tried to clean the tiles in our utility room by using a damp rag and I think some water may have dripped into our plug...
Replies
Views
Hello All and happy new year. Over the holiay I have changed all of my old sockets to some nice new ones and added a couple with usb sockets for...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock