Discuss Telephone Preference Service in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

K

Knobhead

Anyone used them?

I’m been driven insane with payment protection calls, up to three a day. I’ve registered with TPS in the hope they can get them stopped.

They were recommended by Virgin Media.

I use it on my mobile. I don't get cold sales calls any more.
Companies who you give your permission to and who provide the line can still call you though - I still get calls from Vodafone, my insurance company etc trying to cross-sell additional products.

I use it and it is working well for me.

It does take a little while to kick-in, so don't expect an immediate stop to the nuisance calls.

There's a similar scheme to stop junk mail landing on your doormat too.

dial- a- curry?

Ive had TPS for years its virtually stops all british based sales calls but companies operating outside britain dont have to follow the rules and you can still get a few getting through and british based companies who use sales operating outside britain have been known to exploit this loophole and ignore the TPS list.

i have my own system. place phone in front of stereo speaker, then give 'em 100watts of black sabbath's paranoid.

As above out of country calls still come in and "surveys" that then demonstrate you have expressed interest in a company so they can then call you. Calls that ask if their manager can call when you say yes you have agreed to their calls.

But other than that it does reduce the call volume.

Telephone preference service 0845 070 0707, their website at www.tpsonline.org.uk
Fax preference service on 0845 070 0702. their website at www.fpsonline.org.uk
Mailing Preference Service, 5th Floor, Haymarket House, 1 Oxendon Street, London SW1Y 4EE Mail Preference Service
Also useful Stop Junk Mail's Guide to Stamping out Junk Mail

As above out of country calls still come in and "surveys" that then demonstrate you have expressed interest in a company so they can then call you. Calls that ask if their manager can call when you say yes you have agreed to their calls.

But other than that it does reduce the call volume.

Telephone preference service 0845 070 0707, their website at www.tpsonline.org.uk
Fax preference service on 0845 070 0702. their website at www.fpsonline.org.uk
Mailing Preference Service, 5th Floor, Haymarket House, 1 Oxendon Street, London SW1Y 4EE Mail Preference Service
Also useful Stop Junk Mail's Guide to Stamping out Junk Mail

The "Stop junk mail guide" was very good. Very easy to use and very quick. Thanks.

They've worked well for me until recently. Now I get about 4-5 calls everyday from Indian call centres asking me to switch utilities. It's been driving me mad I had to complain to ofgem although it probably won't do any good.

Reply to Telephone Preference Service in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock