Discuss Telephone wiring in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

nickblake

Every electrician has a gripe well thi is mine telephone ,a nice simple,thing wiring is easy ,but i cant get the dam things to work properly , doing extensions wire in parallel connect up nice dial to ring out great but what i am finding is when this happens the broad band cuts out hang up the phone all all returns to normal,it not realy my fortee but like a bit of advise :D

Every electrician has a gripe well thi is mine telephone ,a nice simple,thing wiring is easy ,but i cant get the dam things to work properly , doing extensions wire in parallel connect up nice dial to ring out great but what i am finding is when this happens the broad band cuts out hang up the phone all all returns to normal,it not realy my fortee but like a bit of advise :D

You need filters on each line installed, otherwise your broadband will play up

Mate you need to wire them as extensions, not just in parallel. Are you just wiring the two middle terminals on each socket? The easiest and least confusing way to do it is wire the blue pair as master (blue to 2 white blue to 5) and wire the orange pair as extensions (orange to 3 and white orange to 4) this should work then.

just wire up 2 & 5 & 3 , 4 is not needed for pstn its for circuits run off switch boards/ intercom etc.infact you probably dont need 3 providing your phone is fairly new.
are the cables running to sockets in and out or are they run out separately from the master socket?
have you disconnected all the extns and checked this out at the master, ie plug in phone, filter and modem.

Reply to Telephone wiring in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net