Discuss Telesales For Solar PV in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

JMT

As things are quiet now that the rush is over I was thinking on new ways to bring in business.

Has anyone ever tried telesales for solar pv before?

Have you had much success?

I am currently trying to write a script without much success I might add as it not really my forte.

Anyway I was thinking this may prove difficult as no doubt you will not get the decision maker on the telephone.

Does anyone have any experience in telesales that could give me some tips please.

Thanks

If you are feeling really happy, and you want to depress yourself, then try telesales.
It is the most sole destroying thing that you can do, well, apart from watching Greg Barker that is.

I know earthstore it is not something I would look forward to doing but times are hard and with no work coming in I really feel we have to try somehting.

Try buying in some leads or get yourself on the top spot on google ads all costs money but you have to speculate to accumulate
but I think you will find it easier and cheaper than setting up a decient telcan operation.

What's the betting the only person you ring who sounds interested will have an east/west facing slate roof, surrounded by trees with a whopping big chimney, a skylight, a dormer and a Victorian fusebox? :santa:

I have purchased some leads but is a hit and a miss at times, and nothing coming through at the moment.

Thanks Whinmoor it did make me laugh

Times are hard eh. Is everyone else very quiet too?

I am quiet myself at the moment only 2 jobs in the pipeline and everything very quiet..... I used to do telesales for about 3 years when I was yonger and I would agree that its a waste of time on the phone but you never know

I had 9 leads in the last two days, bought in leads some are hit and miss and you are up against other companies but it beats sitting on your hands, we do get work out of them. I find its better than trying to educate the customer about fits etc and thats what your up against with telcan..

Be aware that you will need calling lists that exclude anyone who has registered with the Telephone Preference Service. As I understand being in breach of this, being reported etc, can lead to you being disconnected as a final sanction. You will also get six sorts of dogs abuse from any house holder who has registered not to receive unsolicited phone calls. Do not think that just because someone's number is in the phone book, they are not registered with this service. Sorry to sound so negative. My advice would be to use Google Maps/Satellite wear out some shoe leather prospecting the local streets, identify the owner and send them a 'Dear Neighbour' letter if their house is suitable. You might even get a 1% hit rate.

Thanks for your input. I was looking into buying a database that I presume that would exclude people that have registered with TPS but very good point you have made.

I may just have to pound the streets its not like we are doing much else at the moment.

What is wrong with printing some flyers and pop them through the letter boxes of houses you think are ideal in areas you know may have some spare cash? Whilst you walk about could write down indicative costs and return on back which may not be too much of an overhead if houses are similar.

Is it just me or is all this sales madness just proof that this whole industry is massively unsustainable at current levels. How many non solar Electrical Contractors use TeleSales?

Is it just me or is all this sales madness just proof that this whole industry is massively unsustainable at current levels. How many non solar Electrical Contractors use TeleSales?

None that I know, however electrical contractors with a customer base can fall back on house bashing, I am while its quiet, if your just solar then what choice have you got I suppose.

Every company markets themselves in some way shape or form... If you wait for the phone to ring you may starve, reccos are nice the internet is the main marketing tool next to customer to customer word of mouth, just the way the world is going.....jump on...

I used to do a lot of telesales but in short bursts to keep from getting demoralised, it was worthwhile but not instantly as some clients bought maybe a year later. I also do a lot of seo, might be able to get some leads for you whats the going rate ?

Telesales used to work 4-5 years ago, but now we all receive so many unsolicited calls that they've become a nuisance, I can't see how anyone would still genuinely listen to what they're being offered..

Reply to Telesales For Solar PV in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock