Discuss Teleswitch advice in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

polo1

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Sorry about the quality of the picture. Note the connections outgoing from the teleswitch to the isolator. Can anyone confirm what the two supplies to the isolator from the teleswitch are for (the isolator out serves as the line supply to the heating contactor coil.
View attachment 17062
See Post#4

Last edited:
Perm live supply on the left.
Off peak/white meter supply on the right.
Coil wire for overnight immerser element, generally the one at the bottom of the tank. (top immerser for daytime boost only)
Guess work of course.

Boydy

another stevie wonder job.

Thanks guys....and before anymore comments, this install is not my work! So, for the type of teleswitch shown is it standard 80A supply to the left 25A to the right?

What's throwing me a bit is that from the isolator, only the contactor coil line is being supplied, so why does it need two supplies to work. The HW is not currently on the off peak (that will be one of my jobs). The contactor is only switching the live load for three sub boards serving the s/heaters.

The coil wire determines the time and duration the heating load comes on (off peak times) and switches as many loads as it takes.
In day time the installation brings different loads to the supply cable/fuse.
Are the other 2 rising tails for the other heating dbs?

L1 main fuse seves the perm live to the teleswitch; the two rising tails to the far left - one goes to the domestic single phase meter, the other to the three phase meter (which appears only to supply the storage heaters.

From the teleswitch to the two pole isolator, you are saying that the left hand tail is a perm live and the right hand is a switched live out of the teleswitch (live only during off peak times). What I'm not getting is why the contactor coil requires a permanent live and a switched live - I would have thought it only required the switched live. The supply side of the contactor is served via a four pole isolator, with the load side runing to the three s/heater dbs. The single red wire was added by the

Photo not great as you say (my memory of things domestic is not great either).
Looks like LHS of switch is looped doubled up in the teleswitch with the incomer????
Would have been at one time an sp+n set up for domestic and nightstores.
Then if it has all been altered the night changeover is only needed to pull in the coil and other supplies (from meters on appropriate tarriff??????) feed the heaters.
The whole thing looks like a compromise/alteration to be honest.

Boydy

Reply to Teleswitch advice in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock