Discuss Tel's Training Tips - Education Tels Way in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
This month's Tel's Tip.

Ever been about to fit some pvc conduit and found you've not got your bending spring?????

Panic not.

Cuts 4 pieces of 10mm GN/Y singles to be long enough to go past where you want the bend. insert into tube , warm tube with hair dryer or friction, bend over knee or whatever method you prefer. remove bits of cable. Job done. ( this is for 20mm tube. work it out yourself for 25mm ).

Not impressed an elbow and a bend, having an off day??
Can't remember when I last used an elbow.

Why did it need a bend, could the vertical not have been shortened for a 90?
Not questioning your experience Tel, you've got 65 years experience on me!

nope.due to where existing cable exited the house wall, vertical tube was too close to corner to make a 90 bend,

nope.due to where existing cable exited the house wall, vertical tube was too close to corner to make a 90 bend,
I get it, I thought that bend was going down but it's angle in. Many apologies.

the vertical tube is literally only 2" from the corner. the bend is totally horizontal, just a kick out from the wall.

2" where the elbow is next that big blob of cement. more like 3" further up.and it's the brickwork that's out, not the tube :)

Only having a jest Tel, must admit I was never great with steel tube but I got by but with plastic I can loop the loop with no manufactured bends.

Reply to Tel's Training Tips - Education Tels Way in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock