Discuss Terry 18 in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi Pete

Thanks for your quick response. Only need to replace back box because have not been able to source a socket with the same dimensions as the existing Chilton one 135 x 100. Will have to replace with a modern socket - hence replacing the back box will be necessary.

Terry

all the shaver points i've ever seen fit a standard dual back box. have you got a pic. of the offending outlet?

Most Shaver sockets will fit the standard shaver socket back box, or are you trying to fit a standard 13Amp socket in it's place? if that is the case and it's location is in a bath/shower room there are very strict rules to adopt, if in any doubt you need to contact a registered Electrician for advice. If there are any Forum Members in your area they may offer to help.

Reply to Terry 18 in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Good afternoon I have recently had a bathroom makeover and had the existing shaver socket removed as I purchased a cabinet with socket enclosed...
Replies
Views
Hello All and happy new year. Over the holiay I have changed all of my old sockets to some nice new ones and added a couple with usb sockets for...
Replies
Views
Hi All, This might be a bit of an odd question, I would really appreciate your thoughts. I am trying to up-date my mum's home, before putting it...
Replies
Views
Hey, I lifted a few sockets from a wall so I could paint without having to cut in around them. I haven’t lifted any light switches yet. When...
Replies
Views
Good evening, I have recently moved into a new home and I am having problems with the MCB/RCD tripping (Mem M6 Type 3 - 30mA). It intermittently...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock