Discuss Tesla Solar Roof in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Great idea and cost will drop as supply grows.

You can already get a tile that is a solar panel by another company £9k for 4kWp (materials only) Solarmass » Preserving the beauty of buildings - http://www.solarmassltd.com/ They are a single cell stuck onto / integrated into a normal tile, don't look too bad, not yet have anyone interested in them though.

The Tesla offerings look good, Rexel are now distributing powerwalls and are looking for installers...

not to put a dampener on it or anything, but those sorts of solar tiles have been tried before, but were discontinued because the lamination at the edges wasn't robust and broke down after a few years in the elements with no frame to hold it together.

I see no reason to think that tesla will have resolved that issue at the first attempt. Freeze thaw action is a git to counteract in the UK, maybe not so much of an issue in California.

Reply to Tesla Solar Roof in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Article
Electrical2Go - Green2go Launches for All Your Solar, EV Charging and Renewable Needs Green2Go - for All Your Solar, EV Charging and Renewable...
Replies
Views
Good Morning All! Always appreciate reading the great ideas and conversations in the forums, and now actually have a chance to ask a question...
Replies
Views
For power outages, my solar inverter (+battery) is able to take on the entire house load - as long as I unplug my collection of vintage kettles...
Replies
Views
Good Evening All, I'm not an electrician but I'd like to pick the brains of those that are please. Note I intend getting a qualified electrician...
Replies
Views
Hi guys/gals Directing this question at you that have transitioned already from sparky to pv insatller. I have my first pv install after getting...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock