Discuss Test form from a company called GAS-ELEC. Anyone heard of them? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
A landlord has given me a copy of a test form from a company called GAS-ELEC, looking over the form I can see virtually no info on the installation, Zs taken from the fuseboard and not Ze, nothing mentioned about no RCD protection on the lighting. Considering there is not much info there are lots of faults

- - - Updated - - -

I attached the form if you fancy a look

Attachments

• Electrical check 2013.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 89
Last edited by a moderator:
Yep,it's a franchise and quality/competence is directly down to individual conducting testing.I used them on one of my lets,local lad Manchester and was sound,full SOTR and nice fella.The combined check was handy and more to the point,independant. Problem i could see was if tester was a muppet,he would be equally inept on both the services thus posing double the worry. It is ALWAYS down to individual.I have,over the years,encountered ineptitude at all levels from our monitored ticketed schemed up licenced brigade,like me mates dad used to say,"i saw a bus the other day with Kelloggs wrote on the side but it wasn't full of cornflakes"....

Last edited:

Reply to Test form from a company called GAS-ELEC. Anyone heard of them? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Good evening. Any advice what to do in this situaltion would be very much appreciated. I was called by a landloard who lives in Denver . She...
Replies
Views
I was just reading this here: "Over the last few years we've watched the PAT Testing Industry turn almost on its head - where companies once...
Replies
Views
Octopus
O
I'm a Facilities Manager and not an electrician though I do have some electrical qualifications of some years ago. I wonder if anyone would like...
Replies
Views
B
Prefix - I've tried to post this in automotive, but it would not let me. This may be because I have not been recently active. Apologies if this is...
Replies
Views
S
Having worked as an electrician for over 30 years and I've seen a lot of changes since the 14th Edition of the Regs. It seems to me that...
Replies
Views
shagbite
S

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock