Discuss Test leads needed please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

What sort of question is that?
Would you like some eggs and some porridge oats as well or aren’t they as important?
Seriously what sort of question is that?
You could expand on everything. Did you lose them? Break them? Leave them under a floor?
Can you not afford some new ones? I know that they are expensive and hence we look after our gear!
My response is longer than your Original post.

I'm really sorry, I am though studying at college for the chance to work in the electrical industry. Can't afford the leads for a tester with that was given to me. I just hope that the people who I work round aren't as bad as the replys I was handed here.

I'm really sorry, I am though studying at college for the chance to work in the electrical industry. Can't afford the leads for a tester with that was given to me. I just hope that the people who I work round aren't as bad as the replys I was handed here.

Charles, you don't have to have manufacturer test leads. You could perhaps try these:-

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/kewtech-acc063-s-3-wire-non-fused-test-leads/8216g

I have a set of these which I use with my Megger when using the Kewtech Light Mates, and occasionally for other jobs. If they don't fit, Screwfix are pretty good with returns :)

Anyone in the Grimsby area have any spare test leads to fit a fluke multifunction tester
Hi Charles and welcome to the forum, I'm sorry you feel that you didn't receive the replies you were hoping for but to be perfectly honest it wasn't the most friendly or endearing introduction I've seen.
Maybe if you had started with a bit more detail about yourself and your situation, why you needed them , what stage of training you are at, that you would offer to at least pay for the postage etc etc even an hello at the start would have helped.
As for the leads, a lot of guys do have a spare set but will be reluctant to give them away, they have them as spares for a reason.
But good luck in your search and welcome to the forum.

I just hope that the people who I work round aren't as bad as the replys I was handed here.
Welcome to the forum, Charles. No-one intended to offend you, just a little late night humour! As several others have pointed out, there are many budget alternatives that will work with your tester and so long as you check they are GS38 compliant, you'll be OK. Personally I'd avoid secondhand leads unless they're from someone on here. Good luck. :)

@OP. i will have a look and see what i may have going spare.

Anyone in the Grimsby area have any spare test leads to fit a fluke multifunction tester
I think what Charles meant to say was the following..

"Hello everyone, I'm new on here and studying to be an electrician which I'm really excited about. I literally have no money as it all gets spent on bills and rent. I've been given an MFT but it doesn't have any leads, I know it's an embarrassing thing to ask but does anyone have any old spare leads that would fit this? If you're close by I'd even be happy to labour for you for the day for free, plus I'd get a bit of experience"

I bet if you'd sent that Charles someone may have even coughed up a set! Come on chap, I know you're a youngster but have a think about how you ask. Good luck with your studying anyway :)

That’s half the reason I didn’t come back on and apologise for my reply albeit abrupt.
My only defence was having just finished watching a film with Nicolas Cage in - I rest my case m’lud!
To Charles - it is a big world out there and discourse is a winner. A friendly smile, a genuine greeting and a friendly handshake will open doors.
The opposite will lead to failure.
Just a thought!

Reply to Test leads needed please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net