Discuss Test leads in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

Jel

My Megger MFT1553 test leads need to be replaced. Can anyone recommend any test leads out there that are:
Compatible with this tester, and have a stronger clip, as my current ones just don't seem to clip well onto terminal bars and other items very well.

most mft lead croc lips are pants. don't know what they test them on. it's certainly not the same type of terminals that i come across. i call mine clip and ping. the best clips are the old AVO ones, but we're not allowed to use them as they're not "approved"

Last edited:
is that for grip, or secondary insulation?

Got my replacement leads (for my MFT1552) from ISSWWW in Norwich
MEG 1001-860 TEST LEAD 6220-796 6220-770 £30 inc VAT
Slightly different to the original ones, slightly better in my opinion.

most mft lead croc lips are pants. don't know what they test them on. it's certainly not the same type of terminals that i come across. i call mine clip and ping. the best clips are the old AVO ones, but we're not allowed to use them as they're not "approved"
yep Tel.....most crocs are just crap......when i have to use my boss`s metrel i just hate the crocs on them leads.....every bloody time i`m doing a Zs on a ceiling rose the damn things ping off the earth box...does my head in it does....nearly as much as the test leads themselves....getting all tangled up with each other.....the robin sl16s were a much better idea with the sleaving over em...keeping it all in order rather than these things that just "sprout out" from the plug like roots......

I have bought the new Megger leads. 1001-974. They are to the new colours. The croc clip appears much better but I have not tried it in anger yet, see below. However the GS-38 compliant ends are removable to plug in the croc clips. This means that you have to find somewhere to put the probes when you are using the croc clips. The clips and GS-38 probes (you can throw away all your little plastic tip covers :)) plug into a shrouded holder (the bit you hold) this shrouded holder does not work reliable with the Kewtech R1 R2 plug and they do not work with the Megger MTB test box as they have a shoulder on them which stops you pushing them in. You do get one long thin insulated probe for those places a GS-38 probe stands no chance of seeing. So overall I am not impressed and am on the look out for something better, not impressed as I have effectively wasted £40.

Reply to Test leads in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net