Discuss Testing a new garage suppy in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I understand that this will require a new installation cert as I’m adding a new circuit from my main consumer unit out to a garage consumer unit via a 6mm SWA cable.

How do I add this to the test cert as a new supply. If it was a cooker supply for example I’d just add it as cooker put the relavent MCB info in and do the tests.

On the first section of the cert talking about that board ratings and earths etc Iv obv put Down the main c/u details. Where do I reference the new garage c/u and would I issue a separate certificate and simply put garage supply on my original cert with that words ‘see cert 2 for details?

I would produce a cert with two boards and corresponding schedules of results.

The first being the main DB, that would list just the new circuit (and if appropriate the associated RCD) whilst the second would list the new garage DB and it's circuits.

I would do the same but reference the exisiting circuits on the first DB as ‘Existing Circuit’ and N/A all the boxes.

According to his other thread he is a scheme member so I am not sure why he cannot put together a rudimentary Certificate.

I would issue new cert containing 2 boards. The first cert...all original circuits marked as "not tested (or whatever your dropdown list contains) and new circuit as "sub-Main to Garage" with results as applicable.
2nd cert containing all garage circuit details/results.

Reply to Testing a new garage suppy in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I want to make some electrical upgrades to my detached garage. I want to update the subpanel in the detached garage, and I want to add a 240V...
Replies
Views
I have supply in the garage with its own small consumer unit with a 63a breaker and 1 B6 and 1 B16 breakers. The garage has a ring of sockets...
Replies
Views
TNC-S main supply with 16mm swa supplying garage consumer unit from main consumer unit in house, then 4mm swa supplying pond equipment through...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, hopefully someone will know the answer. Testing an install on a (domestic) PME system I have a garage consumer unit supplied from one of...
Replies
Views
NICEIC Certification Scheme BS7671 Amd2 Cert completetion RCBO's
hey guys, Just completing an install cert for a new consumer unit and im a bit confused on PD selection. I install Type A RCBOS but on the new...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock